[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PROCOMM PLUS problem -- proper way to kill menu line!

dave@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Dave Goldblatt) (04/30/89)

In article <12324@hodge.UUCP> jdm@hodge.UUCP (jdm) writes:

>The communications program Procomm Plus V1.1B has a feature that
>is mapped to the back quote (`) key.  It's a pop-up menu that allows
>you to do things while on line, ect.  This is fine, but occasionally
>I need to transmit a back quote character.  How do I disable/re-map
>the back quote function so I can transmit the back quote character.
>It has nothing to do with the translation table; it only translates
>received characters, not transmitted ones.

Another poster suggested that you can reassign the key to something you
would not normally use.  This will work, but you lose a character.

The easiest (not to mention probably the proper) method to disable the
menu line is simply to toggle the menu line option off.. :-)

This can be done by issuing an ALT-S, going to the G)eneral options,
and selecting option (J) - Menu line.  Set it to OFF.

End of problem.

-dg-
--

Internet: dave@sun.soe.clarkson.edu  or:   dave@clutx.clarkson.edu