[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Watson comment retraction

tim@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Timothy L. Kay) (04/18/89)

I recently posted an article discussing the merits of CAM, Watson, and
PCX (BigmOuth).

A  gentleman named   Scott   Rose  from the   University  of Wisconsin
suggested that  my  comments had  been   a bit harsh   with respect to
Watson.  I believe  that   my   terminology was,  "a piece  of  junk."
Indeed, Watson is not a piece of  junk.  It can be  used to answer the
phone, and  if you are willing to  put up  with lack of telemarketting
capability  and with   a confusing  and   unorganized manual and  menu
structure, then  Watson,  which  is  priced less  than   any   of  the
competition, might be the one for you.

I apologize to Natural Microsystems and Watson users in general for my
overly enthusiastic bashing.  I was out of line.

Tim

jeremy@lana.prime.com (Jeremy Nussbaum) (05/03/89)

In article <10401@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> tim@cit-vax.UUCP (Timothy L. Kay) writes:

>I recently posted an article discussing the merits of CAM, Watson, and
>PCX (BigmOuth).
>
>A  gentleman named   Scott   Rose  from the   University  of Wisconsin
>suggested that  my  comments had  been   a bit harsh   with respect to
>Watson.  I believe  that   my   terminology was,  "a piece  of  junk."
>Indeed, Watson is not a piece of  junk.  It can be  used to answer the
>phone, and  if you are willing to  put up  with lack of telemarketting
>capability  and with   a confusing  and   unorganized manual and  menu
>structure, then  Watson,  which  is  priced less  than   any   of  the
>competition, might be the one for you.
>
>I apologize to Natural Microsystems and Watson users in general for my
>overly enthusiastic bashing.  I was out of line.
>
>Tim

We are using Watson as a multi person voice mail system.  After
getting through the confusing manual, I got it all set up and working.
There is still one extremely annoying problem; if someone starts to
specify a mailbox with the # key and then hangs up, the system just
waits forever for the mailbox number to be keyed in and must be
manually nudged.  We have a Rolm PBX, which may be part of the
problem.  Even so, this is a critical problem in an office environment
where messages need to be taken all day and all night.  Any one have
a similar problem, or even better, a solution?

Jeremy Nussbaum (jeremy@jeremy.prime.com, ...!harvard!prmcad!jeremy)
Prime Computer/2 Crosby Drive MS 16-2 /Bedford, Ma. 01730
(617)275-1800 x6745
Standard Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are mine and not my employer's.