[comp.sys.ibm.pc] looking for hard drive & floppy drive repair

aadm@ecsvax.UUCP (Atkins D. Michael) (05/02/89)

I have two floppies that need repair.
     #1.  A tandon 360k IBM full heigth.
     #2.  A qume 360k IBM half heigth.

I have one 30meg seagate ST-238R that also needs attention.

  Does anyone out there have any experience with a good
dependable (and reasonable) repair facility.

  I would like to be able to send them all to the same place,
but that isn't necessary.

  You may e-mail if you wish, but there are probably a number
of others that would like the info. too!

  Thanks in advance!!
    Mickey Michael

     P.S. Thanks to those who sent me info about adding a 1.44
and about Apple Daisey Wheel hookup!  Both worked out great!!

keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (05/04/89)

In article <6912@ecsvax.UUCP> aadm@ecsvax.UUCP (Atkins D. Michael) writes:

>I have two floppies that need repair.
>     #1.  A tandon 360k IBM full heigth.
>     #2.  A qume 360k IBM half heigth.

>I have one 30meg seagate ST-238R that also needs attention.

You won't like to hear (read) this, but...

You'll almost certainly pay more to repair the floppies than to
replace them.

Repairing an ST238R is probably not worth the expense, either.

kEITHe