[comp.sys.ibm.pc] info needed on grammer checking programs

GMS@PSUVM.BITNET (04/28/89)

I am looking for info on grammer-checking programs that may be used
      on an IBM-PC, preferably with Word Perfect.  Please send me any
      info via email.  The software will be used for an MIS course.
gerry santoro                              DISCLAIMER:  This  posting  only
penn state university              |       represents my personal opinions.
gms @ psuvm.psu.edu              -(*)-     It is not representative  of any
gms @ psuvm.bitnet                 |       thoughts or policies  of  anyone
...!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!gms               else here or of the organization.

BVAUGHAN@pucc.Princeton.EDU (Barbara Vaughan) (04/29/89)

In article <89118.113158GMS@PSUVM>, GMS@PSUVM.BITNET writes:

>I am looking for info on grammer-checking programs...

Make sure you get a spelling checker also.

fboudrea@afit-ab.arpa (Fred P. Boudreaux) (05/04/89)

In article <8144@pucc.Princeton.EDU> BVAUGHAN@pucc.Princeton.EDU writes:
>In article <89118.113158GMS@PSUVM>, GMS@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>
>>I am looking for info on grammer-checking programs...
>
>Make sure you get a spelling checker also.

I just received a package called "Right Writer" which is supposed to check
Grammer, Style Usage and Punctuation.  Haven't even had a chance to load it
up on our PC yet but I looked over the manual last night and it lookes like
it also has a dictionary.  I can't say anything more about it because I
haven't tried anything with it yet.

I am not a salesman for this product nor am I affiliated with the company that
produces this product.

My comments are my own and you can't have them.

pthiesse@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Paul Thiessen) (05/04/89)

>In article <8144@pucc.Princeton.EDU> BVAUGHAN@pucc.Princeton.EDU writes:
>>In article <89118.113158GMS@PSUVM>, GMS@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>>
>>>I am looking for info on grammer-checking programs...
>>
>>Make sure you get a spelling checker also.

YES! Don't any of you hackers know how to spell grammar? Sad...
                                                     ^
Just a thought. :-}

            - Paul

PAUL THIESSEN, Harvey Mudd College                ...!uunet!jarthur!pthiesse
pthiesse@jarthur.claremont.edu                       pthiessen@hmcvax.bitnet

vg55611@ihuxy.ATT.COM (Gopal) (05/06/89)

In article <1139@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> pthiesse@jarthur.UUCP (Paul Thiessen) writes:

>>>Make sure you get a spelling checker also.
>
>YES! Don't any of you hackers know how to spell grammar? Sad...
>                                                     ^
>Just a thought. :-}

No, because in "C" you just let the compiler do it..

Just another thought...

Venu P. Gopal
UUCP:	att!ihuxy!vg55611
Internet: vg55611@ihuxy.att.com
BITNET: com%"vg55611@ihuxy.att.com"   or   com%"vg55611%ihuxy@research.att.com"
Silence those silent letters and save the world 500 million keystrokes a day.