[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Tandy 100 HD Hard Drive Question?

GTI@PSUVM.BITNET (Greg Erb) (04/28/89)

       I would like to know if it is possiable to upgrade an original
Tandy 1200 HD with a 10 Meg. Hard Drive to have a 40 Meg. Hard Drive.
Tandy tells me that I can only upgrade this PC to a 20 Meg, and if I do
that I may need BIOS upgrades.  The Tandy dealer tells me that he tinks
that this computer is IBM PC bus compatiable.  Is this so is there any
reason why I cann't upgrade this PC to a 40 Meg Hard Drive.

       Please send me E-mail if you have any information.

                      Thanks,

                          Greg Erb

carlson@gateway.mitre.org (Bruce Carlson) (05/03/89)

In article <83609GTI@PSUVM> GTI@PSUVM.BITNET (Greg Erb) writes:

>       I would like to know if it is possiable to upgrade an original
>Tandy 1200 HD with a 10 Meg. Hard Drive to have a 40 Meg. Hard Drive.
>                          Greg Erb

I got a catalog from CompuAdd and it had a table of Tandy models and
what upgrades you could buy (disks, memory, ports, etc).  The prices were
significantly better than the Radio Shack catalog I have.  I don't
remember if the 1200 was listed. Call CompuAdd (they advertise in
PC magazine) and ask them what is available.

Bruce Carlson

GWilkins@cup.portal.com (Gregory J Wilkins) (05/07/89)

The Tandy 1200 is nothing more than an IBM clone.  It is actually a
Tandon computer, and has the standard IBM PC bus, and exactly the
same measurments of an original IBM PC.

You need nothing more than just a regular or standard Harddrive.