[comp.sys.ibm.pc] looking for Microsoft-compatible Z-80 cross-assembler

u3ky@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU (05/10/89)

I'm looking for a Z-80 cross-assembler to run under ms-dos.  The hard
part is that it needs to be compatible with Microsoft's macro assembler
for CP/M.  (The PD one on simtel20 is not.) Any sugestions?

Steve Gaarder, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y.
ARPA: sparks@larch.cadif.cornell.edu -or- u3ky@vax5.cit.cornell.edu
UUCP: ...!cornell!vax5.cit.cornell.edu!u3ky

jpd@usl-pc.usl.edu (DugalJP) (05/12/89)

I am running my ancient copy of CP/M M80 and L80 under msdos by using
an XT with a V20 chip installed, and the v2030.com CP/M emulator.  I
sometimes use another product that affixed cp/m emulation to cp/m
binaries, permitting them to be run under msdos as if they were native
code.  If this technique appeals to you, write me for more details
-- James
--
-- James Dugal,	N5KNX		USENET: ...!{dalsqnt,killer}!usl!jpd
Associate Director		Internet: jpd@usl.edu

mwebb@maths.tcd.ie (Mark Webb) (05/12/89)

In article <18578@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU> u3ky@vax5.cit.cornell.edu () writes:
>I'm looking for a Z-80 cross-assembler to run under ms-dos.  The hard
>part is that it needs to be compatible with Microsoft's macro assembler
>for CP/M.  (The PD one on simtel20 is not.) Any sugestions?

There is a MSC 5.1 compatible Z80 cross-compiler available.
It's called HI-TECH C.

I think it's supplied by Grey Matter in the UK. They advertise in BYTE.

--
-Mark Webb			mwebb@maths.tcd.ie

todd@stiatl.UUCP (Todd Merriman) (05/15/89)

In article <18578@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU> u3ky@vax5.cit.cornell.edu () writes:
>I'm looking for a Z-80 cross-assembler to run under ms-dos....

Check out the MSDOS Z-80 cross assembler from the

	C Users' Group
	2120 W. 25th St.
	Ste. B
	Lawrence, KS 66046
	(913) 841-1631

   ...!gatech!stiatl!todd
   Todd Merriman * 404-377-TOFU * Atlanta, GA