[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Network Interface Cards

swonk@ccicpg.UUCP (Glen Swonk) (05/10/89)

Does anyone out there know where one can get detailed
techincal information about the Ethernet cards listed
above for the PC compatibles. I need information about
addresses, driver sw, and etc.

Also, where can one find information about the PC boot
sequence (i.e. how the PC looks into the controller ROM
space for some peripheral code). Any pointers are
appreciated.

thanks,

glenn

--
Glenn L. Swonk		CCI Computers
(714)458-7282		9801 Muirlands Boulevard

jbvb@ftp.COM (James Van Bokkelen) (05/16/89)

In article <24151@ccicpg.UUCP>, swonk@ccicpg.UUCP (Glen Swonk) writes:
> Does anyone out there know where one can get detailed
> techincal information about the Ethernet cards listed
> above for the PC compatibles. I need information about
> addresses, driver sw, and etc.

If the vendor won't sell you documentation (or give it to you: 3Com charges
but W-D may just give it to you), then you can get the freeware Packet Driver
source from grape.ecs.clarkson.edu via anonymous FTP, and work from there.

--
James B. VanBokkelen		26 Princess St., Wakefield, MA  01880
FTP Software Inc.		voice: (617) 246-0900  fax: (617) 246-0901