[comp.sys.ibm.pc] 386^MAX vs. SCSI Controllers

keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (05/16/89)

In article <1883@iesd.dk> sunesen@iesd.dk (Peter Sunesen) writes:
>Do anybody have experiens with scsi harddisk controler to AT
>
>If you have information on the adaptech AHA-1542A god / bad please respond

386^MAX gets badly bent out of shape if you try to use it with
either a WD 7000 ASC or an adaptec AHA 1540 (the one w/o the floppy
controller on it) because these cards both "borrow" a bit of high
DOS memory (for a buffer of some kind?) and 386^MAX can't handle it.

I had to give up my SCS WREN IV (and it's > 1 Megabyte/sec transfer
rate - SOB!) because 386^MAX was more important to my application
(and you spell PC-NFS? YES: m-e-m-o-r-y  h-o-g).

kEITHe