[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Text inteference on TC Graphics

pmcauley@vax1.tcd.ie (PAUL M. MC AULEY) (05/15/89)

Hellllp! I want to use Turbo-C to put up the graphics screen, and while that is
up copy files around the place, the drawback is that the dos copy command then
goes and tells you what it is doing! I have tried:

1) Setting the text window to (1,1,1,1)
2) Setting the attributes to (black foreground/background)
3) Using the ANSI code (chr:27(ESC))[8m (which conceals text and did so after
   the program, causing a lot of consternation)
4) Echo off (which really just conceals YOUR side of the "conversation")

NONE of these worked, Any ideas?

Paul Mc Auley , Mathematical Sciences, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
--------------------------+----------------------------------------------------
AKA pmcauley@maths.tcd.ie | "My what big teeth you have Grandma."
AKA PMCAULEY@vax1.tcd.ie  | "All the the better for eating steak with,
AKA mtsu0104@icl.tcd.ie   |  Now put my dentures BACK in the glass,please."
--------------------------+----------------------------------------------------

abcscnge@csuna.csun.edu (Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl) (05/17/89)

]
]1) Setting the text window to (1,1,1,1)
]2) Setting the attributes to (black foreground/background)
]3) Using the ANSI code (chr:27(ESC))[8m (which conceals text and did so after
]   the program, causing a lot of consternation)
]4) Echo off (which really just conceals YOUR side of the "conversation")
]
]NONE of these worked, Any ideas?

CTTY NUL (or some C equivalent thereof)?
--
Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl
UUCP:  ...!sm.unisys.com!csun!csuna.csun.edu!abcscnge

scott@hpcvca.CV.HP.COM (Scott Linn) (05/18/89)

/ hpcvca:comp.sys.ibm.pc / pmcauley@vax1.tcd.ie (PAUL M. MC AULEY) /  8:43 am  May 15, 1989 /
>Hellllp! I want to use Turbo-C to put up the graphics screen, and while that is
>up copy files around the place, the drawback is that the dos copy command then
>goes and tells you what it is doing! I have tried:

>1) Setting the text window to (1,1,1,1)
>2) Setting the attributes to (black foreground/background)
>3) Using the ANSI code (chr:27(ESC))[8m (which conceals text and did so after
>   the program, causing a lot of consternation)
>4) Echo off (which really just conceals YOUR side of the "conversation")

>NONE of these worked, Any ideas?

How about when you execute the copy,

copy fromfile tofile >nul:

Scott Linn