[comp.sys.ibm.pc] New coprocessor, was

mattern@ncoast.ORG (Duane L. Mattern) (05/18/89)

In article <634@eeg.UUCP> roseann@eeg.UUCP (White) writes:
>I have a zenith 286 supersport with 20 MBs.  I am pretty happy with it
>and I would like to add some things. One is a 80287 math coprocessor chip...

May 11,1989 Electronic Design, p 34, There was a brief article about a new
faster, replacement for the 287,387.  Integrated Information Technology, Inc.
(ITT) has developed replacements for the 287,387 (ITT-2C87, ITT-3C87), that
have 2 to 3 times the throughput of the original chips, but dissipate
about 1/2 to 2/3 the power (typ 0.5W).  The chips also have a sleep mode
when not in use to slash power consumption from 500mW to 150mW.  The chips
also have microcoded 4x4 matrix transformation operations that they claim
will speed graphics applications like 3D CAD 6 to 8 times faster than with
an original 80287.  The chip also has 24 extra 80-bit register to supplement
the 8 registers originally on the 287.

Sorry, there was no pricing information. :(
|  Duane Mattern (216)433-8186         (mattern@ncoast.uucp)        |
|  Sverdrup Technology, Inc.           at NASA Lewis Research Center|
|  21000 Brookpark Rd, M/S 77-1        Cleveland, Ohio  44135       |

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc,comp.sys.zenith
Subject: new coprocessor, was (math coprocessor and mouse for zenith 286)
Sender: mattern@ncoast.ORG (Duane L. Mattern)