[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Displaying graphics images

todd@stiatl.UUCP (Todd Merriman) (05/22/89)

Is there a program that will display graphics images created with
Microsoft Paint.  I am running demos on a laptop PC with CGA, and I would
like to display graphics screens without running Windows; as if I were
"typing" the file to the screen.

   ...!gatech!stiatl!todd
   Todd Merriman * 404-377-TOFU * Atlanta, GA

abcscnge@csuna.csun.edu (Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl) (05/24/89)

In article <4849@stiatl.UUCP> todd@stiatl.UUCP (Todd Merriman) writes:
>Is there a program that will display graphics images created with
>Microsoft Paint.  I am running demos on a laptop PC with CGA, and I would
>like to display graphics screens without running Windows; as if I were
>"typing" the file to the screen.

At the risk of "Me too'ing" ---

	ME TOO!

I'd also like a conversion program so I can tweak Windows paint files
with MSC's PC Paint+.  I find the interface much easier to use...

Oh for a paint program with:

	PC Paint+'s interface
	PC Paintbrush's file format
	Windows Paint's text handling....

--
Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl
UUCP:  ...!sm.unisys.com!csun!csuna.csun.edu!abcscnge

joel@peora.ccur.com (Joel Upchurch) (05/24/89)

In article <4849@stiatl.UUCP>, todd@stiatl.UUCP (Todd Merriman) writes:
> Is there a program that will display graphics images created with
> Microsoft Paint.  I am running demos on a laptop PC with CGA, and I would
> like to display graphics screens without running Windows; as if I were
> "typing" the file to the screen.

I haven't seem a "slide show" program for MSP files, but there is a
shareware program for Windows, called Easel, that will convert between
several graphics formats.  You could use it to convert files to PCX or GIF
format and use a program to display that.  There are several GIF file
viewers, and it shouldn't be too hard to find one for PCX format.
I got my copy of Easel off GENIE.

--
Joel Upchurch/Concurrent Computer Corp/2486 Sand Lake Rd/Orlando, FL 32809
joel@peora.ccur.com {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd,ucf-cs}!peora!joel