[comp.sys.ibm.pc] For sale: Panasonic KX-P1124 24 pin printer

ejkst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Eric J. Kennedy) (05/25/89)

[Posting for a friend]

For sale: Panasonic KX-P1124 24 pin dot matrix printer.

-three months old
-192 cps draft
-63 cps LQ
-emulates LQ-2500, IBM Proprinter
-Pica, elite, micron, compressed, compressed elite pitches
-draft, courier, prestige elite, bold, sans serif type styles (any
  of the above pitches)
-360x360 DPI graphics resolution

Asking $350.

Call Chuck Bedekovich at (412) 429-8126.  (Please don't reply by email,
it's not my printer.)

--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cisunx.UUCP

--
Eric Kennedy
ejkst@cisunx.UUCP

sullivan@marge.math.binghamton.edu (fred sullivan) (05/25/89)

ejkst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu writes:

> For sale: Panasonic KX-P1124 24 pin dot matrix printer.
>
> -three months old

> Asking $350.

Are you kidding or what??  You can buy this printer NEW for < $320 just
about anywhere.  Check the ads in the latest issue of Byte.  (I'm not
knocking the printer.   I am considering buying one myself, which is why
I happen to know what they cost.

--
Fred Sullivan				SUNY at Binghamton
Dept. Math. Sciences			Binghamton, NY 13903

rogers@orion.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Brynn Rogers) (05/25/89)

In article <18172@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu> ejkst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Eric J. Kennedy) writes:
>[Posting for a friend]
>
>For sale: Panasonic KX-P1124 24 pin dot matrix printer.
>
>   [ great specs of this printer deleted ]
>
>Asking $350.

Anyone who looks in the computer shopper or other magazine will be able
to buy a brand new one of these for $320.

I know because this looks like a great printer and is first choice on my
printer list.

Hate spoil your ad, but I don't want anyone to get burned.

 Brynn Rogers    Honeywell S&RC        rogers@src.honeywell.com
                                       nic.MR.net!srcsip!rogers

pmd@cbnews.ATT.COM (Paul Dubuc) (05/25/89)

In article <18172@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu> (Eric J. Kennedy) writes:
}[Posting for a friend]
}
}For sale: Panasonic KX-P1124 24 pin dot matrix printer.
}
}-three months old

}Asking $350.

???  I bought a NEW one here in Columbus less than 3 months ago for $329.
Another computer store was advertising them for $339.  (They were in very
short supply though and, perhaps, still are.)
--
Paul Dubuc   |   The true light that enlightens every one
att!asr1!pmd |   was coming into the world ...

jerry@starfish.Convergent.COM (Gerald Hawkins) (05/26/89)

From article <18172@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu>, by ejkst@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu (Eric J. Kennedy):
> For sale: Panasonic KX-P1124 24 pin dot matrix printer.
> Asking $350.
>
> Call Chuck Bedekovich at (412) 429-8126.  (Please don't reply by email,
> it's not my printer.)
> Eric Kennedy
> ejkst@cisunx.UUCP
Who are you kidding?  I bought mine new by mail order for $299.  They are
in PC Magazine for $309 & $319 at a variety of stores.

"	I don't want to imply I'm underpaid, but ...
	Last time I took my paycheck to the bank to be cashed, the teller
	asked me, 'How would you like that, sir, Heads, or Tails?'	"

Jerry		( jerry@starfish.Convergent.COM )
-----