[comp.sys.ibm.pc] TC/QC,Windows

abcscnge@csuna.csun.edu (Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl) (05/24/89)

In article <235@imspw6.UUCP> bob@imspw6.UUCP (Bob Burch) writes:
>Religious-war fans will get a kick out of Garry Ray's article on page
>49 of the May 22 issue of PC-WEEK.  The latest polls seem to show customers
>significantly more satisfied with Borlands programming products, INCLUDING
>the Turbo-C 2.0 package vs MS-C 5 comparison.  Interesting stuff.

Now if they only could get a Windows SDK for TC 2.0 -- sigh :-)

Anyone out there know if QC 2.0 will compile for windows (given the SDK)?

--
Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl
UUCP:  ...!sm.unisys.com!csun!csuna.csun.edu!abcscnge

rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) (05/24/89)

In article <2002@csuna.csun.edu> abcscnge@csuna.csun.edu (Scott Neugroschl) writes:
>Now if they only could get a Windows SDK for TC 2.0 -- sigh :-)
>
>Anyone out there know if QC 2.0 will compile for windows (given the SDK)?
>--
>Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl

	QC 2.0 is suppose to support compilation of Windows programs if
you have the SDK.  However, people seem to be having problems with this.
This is currently being discussed on GEnie.  I will check my capture files
and see what has been said.  ( It may require that you have the libraries
from C 5.1, which would be really stupid. )

-----Dale
	Rogerson-----

pajerek@isctsse.UUCP (Don Pajerek) (05/25/89)

In article <2002@csuna.csun.edu> abcscnge@csuna.csun.edu (Scott Neugroschl) writes:
>Anyone out there know if QC 2.0 will compile for windows (given the SDK)?

Only the Microsoft and Lattice compilers will produce object modules
that are acceptable for Windows applications.  True, you need the Windows
SDK to get the include files and libraries, but that's not ALL you need.

>Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl

Don Pajerek

rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) (05/26/89)

In article <242@isctsse.UUCP> pajerek@isctsse.UUCP (Donald Pajerek) writes:
>In article <2002@csuna.csun.edu> abcscnge@csuna.csun.edu (Scott Neugroschl) writes:
>>Anyone out there know if QC 2.0 will compile for windows (given the SDK)?
>
>Only the Microsoft and Lattice compilers will produce object modules
>that are acceptable for Windows applications.  True, you need the Windows
>SDK to get the include files and libraries, but that's not ALL you need.
>
>>Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl

The QC 2.0 compiler supports Windows compilation. However, there seems to be
bugs in the libraries which are causing some problems with this.  I will check
on GEnie and see what the progress is.

However, you are not just limited to Microsoft and Lattice compilers, you can
also use the following:
		Actor (oops, like smalltalk)
		Glockenspiel C++/Common_view ( OS/2 also )
		C_talk/Views (requires MSC)
		Stony Brook Modula II

For OS/2 programers
		Logitech Modula II