[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need help with Cannon IX12 Scanner

jal@valhalla.ee.rochester.edu (05/24/89)

I just acquired a Cannon IX-12 scanner for a good price (and for
a specific application) however I would like to use it for things
other than the specific application (PC -Fax).  Does anyone know
of software (PD, Shareware or payware) that will allow me to
make use of the scanner to scan in images, print them out and
edit them?

Thanks for the help.

I program ... therefore I am.

John Lefor    	University of Rochester		Dept of E. Engineering
716-275-8265	jal@ee.rochester.edu		uunet!ur-valhalla!jal

pjh@mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) (05/26/89)

In article <2252@valhalla.ee.rochester.edu> jal@ee.rochester.edu (John Lefor) writes:
=I just acquired a Cannon IX-12 scanner for a good price (and for
=a specific application) however I would like to use it for things
=other than the specific application (PC -Fax).  Does anyone know
=of software (PD, Shareware or payware) that will allow me to
=make use of the scanner to scan in images, print them out and
=edit them?
=
=Thanks for the help.

Me, too, please.

--
Pete Holsberg, Mercer County Community College, Trenton, NJ 08690
{backbone}!rutgers!njin!princeton!njsmu!mccc!pjh

mdc@indetech.UUCP (Mark Copple) (05/27/89)

In article <765@mccc.UUCP>, pjh@mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
> In article <2252@valhalla.ee.rochester.edu> jal@ee.rochester.edu (John Lefor) writes:
> =I just acquired a Cannon IX-12 scanner for a good price (and for
> =a specific application) however I would like to use it for things
> =other than the specific application (PC -Fax).  Does anyone know
> =of software (PD, Shareware or payware) that will allow me to
> =make use of the scanner to scan in images, print them out and
> =edit them?
> =
> =Thanks for the help.
>
> Me, too, please.
>

> --
> Pete Holsberg, Mercer County Community College, Trenton, NJ 08690
> {backbone}!rutgers!njin!princeton!njsmu!mccc!pjh

Tne place you might look is within Z-Soft's PC Paintbrush. They have
two versions for it, one for ms-windows and one for normal (ahem) dos.
They support most scanners (the older the better the support :(
I remember reading that they support the Cannon scanners both with the
cannon pc interface card and with the Tall Tree systems J-LASER
/ JRAM/AT cards. IF the program doesn't come with the scanner driver,
there's a good chance that the driver is availible from their BBS
(which although not all that impressive in itself it still seems to be
busy ALL THE TIME)

 Also, the Tall Tree J-LASER cards have software that allow you to scan
using the cannon scanner.

Mark Copple
Independence Technologies
(415) 438-2028