[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Want computer/voice sales hardware/

phil@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (05/18/89)

So what we need is a device that can detect a sales message,
stop the recorder, back up the recorder over what was recorded,
and leave the phone off the hook to let the message run its course,
hanging up only when the dang blast calling machine does.

mcdonald@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (05/21/89)

/* Written  9:40 pm  May 14, 1989 by max@jma.UUCP in uxe.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.ibm.pc */
/* ---------- "Want computer/voice sales hardware/" ---------- */
My brother-in-law is looking for a PC compatible sales machine that
will perform sequential dialing, deliver a message, detect answering
machines, and accept voice recordings.  Please send me Email on any
such devices.
Thanx in advance...

--
Max Heffler                     uucp: ..!uunet!jma!max
Landmark Graphics Corp.         phone: (713) 579-4751

When I get one of the devils on the line, especially if sounds like
a little old lady, I listen about 1 minute then say hurridly

"Sorry, I gotta go!! My dog is out in the yard trying to fuck a turtle!"

They deserve whatever they get.

wek@point ([Bill Kuykendall]) (05/23/89)

>I am looking for a zapper which can automatically destroy these
>machines that are leaving 5 minute sales messages on my answering
>machine, or which can be manually used when one of these sequential
>dial-and-annoy devices drags me away from something more important
>than their message.

Amen.  And those damn pizza joints that keep littering the neighborhood
with flyers ought to be liable for cleanup costs...

stephen@ziebmef.uucp (Stephen M. Dunn) (05/28/89)

In article <17100002@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> phil@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
$So what we need is a device that can detect a sales message,
$stop the recorder, back up the recorder over what was recorded,
$and leave the phone off the hook to let the message run its course,
$hanging up only when the dang blast calling machine does.

   Might I suggest a refinement to the above ... the machine should also
be able to tell when the sales pitch is finished and leave a message of
the owner's choice (potentially polite, more likely exceptionally offensive)
when it starts recording your response :-)
! Stephen M. Dunn              stephen@ziebmef.UUCP ! DISCLAIMER:  Who'd ever !
! Take off to the Great White North eh, ya hosehead ! claim such dumb ideas?  !