[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Software for Professional Graphics Adapter

kellow@ndcheg.cheg.nd.edu (John Kellow) (05/29/89)

We have a 386 pc here in our lab with a professional graphics
adapter(actually a compatible pga) thats used to run some specialized
software.  This card has a resolution of 640x480x256 colors (out ot 16
million).  What other kinds of software will work with this adapter?
How about microsoft windows, drawing programs, graphics terminal
emulations, X windows, etc. ?  Does IBM even sell the PGA anymore?

John Kellow
kellow@ndcheg.cheg.nd.edu

rob@matrox.com (Robert Keller) (05/30/89)

In article <671@ndcheg.cheg.nd.edu> kellow@ndcheg.cheg.nd.edu (John Kellow) writes:
>What other kinds of software will work with this adapter?
>How about microsoft windows, drawing programs, graphics terminal
>emulations, X windows, etc. ?  Does IBM even sell the PGA anymore?

IBM does not sell the PGA anymore.

There ought to be drivers for AutoCAD, CADKEY, and other such CAD packages
about.  I believe Grafpoint had a driver for their TGRAF package that
talked to PGA.  If you dig about you'd probably dig up with quite a few.

As for MS-Windows and X, I don't think board could properly support either
of the two reasonably.

Disclaimer:   I have worked on drivers for Matrox's PGA compatible boards.

...rob