[comp.sys.ibm.pc] GNU C++ port to MSDOS

rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) (05/24/89)

Has anyone ported the GNU C++ compiler to the PC?

What is the current status of the AT&T C++ 2.0 compatible GNU C++ compiler?

I will be out of town next week, so would you please Email me your

-----Dale
	Rogerson-----
			ncrcae!pedev!rogerson
			rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM

13001_6035@uwovax.uwo.ca (05/26/89)

In article <2533@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM>, rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) writes:
> Has anyone ported the GNU C++ compiler to the PC?
>
> What is the current status of the AT&T C++ 2.0 compatible GNU C++ compiler?

I want a C++ compiler badly enough to be willing to port it myself.
Where can I get G++ source?

conan@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Robert B Carroll) (05/31/89)

In article <2242@uwovax.uwo.ca> 13001_6035@uwovax.uwo.ca writes:
>In article <2533@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM>, rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) writes:
>> Has anyone ported the GNU C++ compiler to the PC?
>>
>> What is the current status of the AT&T C++ 2.0 compatible GNU C++ compiler?
>>
>I want a C++ compiler badly enough to be willing to port it myself.
>Where can I get G++ source?

G++ has bugs in it. I sure hope your not using it for commerical software
programs. I down loaded it to a vax 8650. Slower than C.
i seem to remember something like 4Mb's of disk space after compiling the
compiler etc. Look at prep.ai.mit.edu.
--
conan@vax1.acs.udel.edu OR conan@192.5.57.1
CONAN THE BARBARIAN of Cimmeria