[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PC-PAINT file format wanted.

mvp@v7fs1.UUCP (Mike Van Pelt) (05/25/89)

Does anyone know what the format of a PC-Paint file is?
I want to do a screen capture from another program and
edit the captured screen with PC-Paint.
--
Mike Van Pelt                     "Something is happening here,
Video Seven                        What it is ain't exactly clear..."

hugo@bigtime.fidonet.org (Hugo) (05/27/89)

No, but if you ever find out, please to let me know as well as I have
been trying to get any two graphics formats to merge easily.  The real
killer is that WordPerfect 5.0 will read in most of them (but I don't
know how it is saved).  Here is an idea for any entrepreneur - a
graphics translation program!!!  If only I could understand C well
enough...
P.S. Great Pons & Fleishmann quote.
                                        Hugo
--
Larry Hughes
Domain: hugo@bigtime.fidonet.org

gary@dvnspc1.Dev.Unisys.COM (Gary Barrett) (05/31/89)

In article <362.247DF337@bigtime.fidonet.org>, hugo@bigtime.fidonet.org (Hugo) writes:
> No, but if you ever find out, please to let me know as well as I have
> graphics translation program!!!  If only I could understand C well
> enough...
> P.S. Great Pons & Fleishmann quote.
> --
> Larry Hughes
> Domain: hugo@bigtime.fidonet.org
> UUCP: ...!{tektronix, hplabs!hp-pcd}!orstcs!bigtime!hugo
> via Big Time Television (bigtime.fidonet.org, 1:152/201)

A great graphics translation program already exists.  It's called
HIJAAK by a company called INSET.  It will not only translate between
a number of common graphics formats but will also perform screen
captures.