[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Paradise VGA and MS Windows 800x600?

zentner@cb.ecn.purdue.edu (Michael Zentner) (06/01/89)

Has anyone who is using the 800x600 driver for Microsoft windows/286
v2.1 that is supplied by Paradise with the VGAPlus card had any problems?
Specifically, at various points while using Write, the computer will:

	1.  Show a windows message box saying "Divide by Zero" and
	    and lock up,
	2.  Show a windows message box saying "cannot read from device
	    AUX" and lock up, or
	3.  Simply lock up.

This never happened when I was running Windows with CGA, only after I
bought a VGA.  Please email if you've had similar problems and/or
solutions.  Thanks

--
Mike Zentner
School of Chemical Engineering            zentner@ca.ecn.purdue.edu

kevino@hpccc.HP.COM (Kevin Owen) (06/03/89)

Mike Zenter writes :

>Has anyone who is using the 800x600 driver for Microsoft windows/286
>v2.1 that is supplied by Paradise with the VGAPlus card had any problems?
>Specifically, at various points while using Write, the computer will:
>
>	1.  Show a windows message box saying "Divide by Zero" and
>	    and lock up,
>	2.  Show a windows message box saying "cannot read from device
>	    AUX" and lock up, or
>	3.  Simply lock up.
>
>This never happened when I was running Windows with CGA, only after I
>bought a VGA.  Please email if you've had similar problems and/or
>solutions.  Thanks

There are four of us here at Hewlett Packard that have been using the Paradise
VGA+ card in an 8Mhz 286 with MS Windows 2.1 in 800x600 mode for about
a year with none of the errors you mentioned.  I recently relaced my 8Mhz
crystal with a 10Mhz crystal and things are still working great.  I know this
doesn't help you solve your problem except to say that it can be done.

Regards.

 _   ,                   __                 Kevin Owen @ Hewlett-Packard
' ) /                   / ')                Cupertino, California
 /-<   _ , __o  ____   /  / , , , _  ____   Phone :    (408) 447-0218
/   ) </_\/ <__/ / <  (__/ (_(_/_</_/ / <_  UN*X Mail  ...hplabs!hpccc!kevino