[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Scheme

rs3r+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard E. Stuart) (05/25/89)

Hi,

I'm looking for a public domain version of Scheme for the PC.  Any
pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed Stuart
Academic Computing
Carnegie Mellon

kjeld@iesd.dk (Kjeld Flarup) (05/25/89)

In article <oYSiTEy00YU4E6SlIF@andrew.cmu.edu> rs3r+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard E. Stuart) writes:
>I'm looking for a public domain version of Scheme for the PC.  Any
>pointers would be appreciated.

I had a public domain Scheme called Xscheme. I never saw any differences
compared to M.I.T. Scheme, except that it was faster and ran on both IBM-PC
and SUN.

I obtained i from an ftp site somewhere in the US. However i lost the adress.
This is very sad because i had some of the sourcefiles destroyed.
If someone should know a ftp site where these could be obtained, do not
hessitate to give a short note on the net.

Kjeld Flarup Christensen | "I'am now twentyseven times older than the universe
kjeld@iesd.dk            | itself." Marvin the depressed Robot.

jdm@hodge.UUCP (jdm) (05/27/89)

> >I'm looking for a public domain version of Scheme for the PC.  Any
> >pointers would be appreciated.

	The source code to scheme and xscheme is on the !alphacom XBBS
	at 714-898-8634.  Several people have been asking about xscheme
	and perhaphs the .ARC files should be posted on binaries if it
	is not available at uunet.uu.net.

--

	jdm@hodge.cts.com [uunet zardoz]!hodge!jdm

	James D. Murray, Ethnounixologist
	Hodge Computer Research Corporation
	1588 North Batavia Street
	Orange, California 92667  USA

	TEL: (714) 998-7750	Ask for James
	FAX: (714) 921-8038	Wait for the carrier

rs3r+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard E. Stuart) (06/01/89)

Well, I don't have a modem or I'd down-load the source code to Scheme
and XScheme from the !alphacom XBBS (714-898-8634).  So if anyone out
there ends up getting the sources then please let me know.

The reason that I'm so interested in getting Scheme for the PC is that
I'm taking Lisp class, using Scheme on Macs, this Summer Semester and
I'd like to be able to work with Scheme when all I have available is a
PC.

Thanks,

Ed Stuart,
Academic Computing
Carnegie Mellon

rs3r+@andrew.cmu.edu

maner@bgsuvax.UUCP (Walter Maner) (06/03/89)

From article <oYSiTEy00YU4E6SlIF@andrew.cmu.edu>, by rs3r+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard E. Stuart):

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a public domain version of Scheme for the PC.  Any
> pointers would be appreciated.

The PD version of Scheme for the PC is available from the Exec-PC bulletin
board.  The Exec-PC directory entry reads as follows:

XSCHEME.ZIP   72677i122588 PD VERSION OF THE SCHEME (LISP-LIKE)
 LANGUAGE

Hope this helps.

--
CSNet   : maner@research1.bgsu.edu            | 419/372-8719