[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Paradise VGA and MS Windows 800x600

mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (06/05/89)

Speaking of 800x600 resolution, does any of the VGA cards on the market
currently come with a driver for windows/386? I would appreciate any response.

Thanks
Milan
mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

toma@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Tom Almy) (06/06/89)

In article <111700097@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>Speaking of 800x600 resolution, does any of the VGA cards on the market
>currently come with a driver for windows/386? I would appreciate any response.

The Video Seven Fastwrite (and VRAM) cards do.

Tom Almy
toma@tekgvs.labs.tek.com
Standard Disclaimers Apply

chan@chansw.UUCP (Jerry H. Chan) (06/08/89)

In article <111700097@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Speaking of 800x600 resolution, does any of the VGA cards on the market
>currently come with a driver for windows/386? I would appreciate any response.

You can get the latest-and-greatest drivers (including for Windows/386) on
WD's (er, sorry, I mean Paradise's :-) BBS;  the number is

    1-415-968-1834 (Paradise BBS)

I got the Windows/386 drivers myself from this number being that the Paradise
card which I am using did not include any such driver -- probably wasn't
available at the time of production.  Works like a charm!

----------
Jerry Chan (encore!chansw!chan) 508-853-0747 |"My views necessarily reflect the
Chan Smart!Ware Computer Services & Products | views of the Company because
Worcester, MA 01606                          | I *am* the Company." :-)
--
----------

carlson@gateway.mitre.org (Bruce Carlson) (06/10/89)

In article <111700097@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Speaking of 800x600 resolution, does any of the VGA cards on the market
>currently come with a driver for windows/386? I would appreciate any response.
>Milan
>mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

Based on an InfoWorld article, May 29, 1989, page 54 I can provide the
following:

Windows/386 - 16 colors
1024x768 - Genoa Super VGA, STB VGA EM-16, Video 7 Fastwrite and V-RAM
                           (8 colors for STB)
800x600  - same as above

Windows/386 - 256 colors
640x480  - Video 7 Fastwrite and V-RAM