[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Everex RAM3000 Deluxe

wales@gidday.dec.com (06/07/89)

Does anybody know much about the Everex RAM3000 Deluxe board.  I am looking for
a LIM 4.0 board and this is the only board that I can find in Australia that
you can purchase without any memory (the others all come with at least 512k).
I will be using it in a 12MHz AT clone.

David.

mlord@bnr-public.uucp (Mark Lord) (06/08/89)

In article <1270@woywoy.dec.com> wales@gidday.dec.com writes:
>Does anybody know much about the Everex RAM3000 Deluxe board.  I am looking for
>a LIM 4.0 board and this is the only board that I can find in Australia that
>you can purchase without any memory (the others all come with at least 512k).
>I will be using it in a 12MHz AT clone.
>
>David.

I have one (purchased a year ago), and it is not exactly LIM4.0.
The hardware is LIM 3.2, but it does come with LIM 4.0 drivers.
This means it only supports the standard 4 page registers of the 3.2
spec, and cannot backfill into the lower 640.  My AT clone runs at 10Mhz,
which means that I need to use 120ns DRAMS, and the RAM3000 board must be
set for one extra wait state.  Even then, the 16-bit mode does not work
with LIM, and must therefore be disabled for LIM.  16-bit accesses work
just fine with extended memory on the same card (at the same time).

-Mark

nfs0294@dsacg1.UUCP (Glendell R. Midkiff) (06/12/89)

From article <1270@woywoy.dec.com>, by wales@gidday.dec.com:
> Does anybody know much about the Everex RAM3000 Deluxe board.  I am looking for
> a LIM 4.0 board and this is the only board that I can find in Australia that
> you can purchase without any memory (the others all come with at least 512k).
> I will be using it in a 12MHz AT clone.

I have an Everex RAM3000 with 1.5meg on it.  I am using it in a 12Mhz Epson
Equity II + (AT Clone).  All 1.5 meg is defined as Expanded Memory and right
now it is only being used as ram disk.  Have not had any problems yet.  There
are occasions when the system does not boot the first time but I am not sure
this is fault of the board.

 |Glen Midkiff   osu-cis!dsacg1!gmidkiff                                 |
 | Phone: (614)-238-9643 @DLA, Systems Automation Center, Columbus, Oh.  |