[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Freemacs 1.5e now available.

nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu (Daniel Lawrence) (06/14/89)

In article <3169@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu writes:
	[Russ describes his new release....]
>There are a number of Emacs clones for the PC available.  Freemacs
>has two distinguishing characteristics:
>
>o Freemacs is the only freely copyable programmable editor.  Epsilon and Brief
>  are examples of commercial programmable editors.  (MicroEmacs has a macro
>  language, but that doesn't make it programmable).

	Come on Russ, I think a lot of people appreciate your efforts and
your program, but this is just mis-information.  MicroEMACS does indeed
contain a reasonably complete programming language.  I just finished
writting a 2500 line mail reader for our internal mail system.  By any
definition, this could really only be done from within a programming
language.

>I'm a right-to-lifer -- everyone has a right to earn a living sufficient to
>feed himself and his family.

	agreed.  If you use Freemacs, or MicroEMACS, or any shareware
program that you appreciate, please register it.

			Daniel Lawrence  voice: (317) 742-5153
					  arpa:	dan@midas.mgmt.purdue.edu
				The Programmer's Room
				Fido: 1:201/10 - (317) 742-5533