[comp.sys.ibm.pc] C language functions library for dbase iii files.

nfs1165@dsacg3.UUCP ( James L Strickland ) (06/16/89)

    Please provide a review of any products of the subject kind that
you are familiar with.

			Many Thanks,

			James S.

benderly@cs.columbia.edu (Dan Benderly) (06/16/89)

In article <1520@dsacg3.UUCP> nfs1165@dsacg3.UUCP ( James L Strickland ) writes:

>    Please provide a review of any products of the subject kind that
>you are familiar with.
>
>			Many Thanks,
>
>			James S.

There is a package called WKS Library from Raima Software which provides
acess to dBase and Lotus WK1 files from C and Quick-Basic.  I have used it only
for the WK1 libraray, from C, and have been happy with it.  They also provide
the source with the product, which makes it easy to modify (which I had to do).

Dan

benderly@cs.columbia.edu

jrp@rducky.UUCP (JIM PICKERING) (06/21/89)

In article <250@cs.columbia.edu> benderly@cs.columbia.edu (Dan Benderly) writes:
|In article <1520@dsacg3.UUCP| nfs1165@dsacg3.UUCP ( James L Strickland ) writes:
||    Please provide a review of any products of the subject kind that
||you are familiar with.
||			Many Thanks,
||			James S.
|
|There is a package called WKS Library from Raima Software which provides
|acess to dBase and Lotus WK1 files from C and Quick-Basic.  I have used it only
|for the WK1 libraray, from C, and have been happy with it.  They also provide
|the source with the product, which makes it easy to modify (which I had to do).
|
|Dan
|
|benderly@cs.columbia.edu

I too have used the WKS library for both dBase and Lotus files.  I have
used them only with MS C, though there is support for Turbo C and Lattice.
I have found no fault with either library, though I had to do some
extensive modifications to make it do what I wanted it to do.

jim

--
Jim Pickering c/o Technical Solutions	|| (north) ..csustan!polyslo!rducky!jrp
P.O. Box 1045				|| (south) ..sdsu!polyslo!rducky!jrp