[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Making CAPLOCK key useful ???

locker2@husc2.UUCP (locker2) (06/04/89)

Is there any way to make a CAPLOCK key on an AT-type
keyboard (actually Zenith SuperSport) work like a
CTL key (as on XT-type keyboard)?

dts@cloud9.Stratus.COM (Daniel Senie) (06/22/89)

In article <1524@husc2.UUCP>, locker2@husc2.UUCP (locker2) writes:
> Is there any way to make a CAPLOCK key on an AT-type
> keyboard (actually Zenith SuperSport) work like a
> CTL key (as on XT-type keyboard)?

Several people have written programs that exchange the caps lock and control
keys on the left side of the 101 key keyboard. Since I sometimes use the
CTRL key in the new location IBM gave it, and since I NEVER use caps-lock,
I wrote a small program which simply makes the caps-lock key into a third
control key.

The program is a mere 63 bytes in a COM file. It is a TSR and written in
assembler. (It is very easy to disassemble if you want to see the source).
Since it is so small, I'm going to post it as part of this message rather
than post it to binaries.

Here is the uuencoded COM file. Let me know what you think.

-Dan

begin 666 cap2ctrl.com
MZQZ<@/Q/=`.=ZQ"=4"1_/#IU!5@L'>L!6/G/Z@````"X%37-(2Z)'AP!+HP&
2'@&X%26Z`@'-(;@`,;H2`,TA
`
end
--
Daniel Senie               UUCP: harvard!ulowell!cloud9!dts
Stratus Computer, Inc.     ARPA: anvil!cloud9!dts@harvard.harvard.edu