[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Answers needed on LANS

dsf2652%ritcv@cs.rit.edu (06/20/89)

Greetings,

Forgive me if this letter is posted where it should not be.  I am currently
working at a aviation admistration in Baltimore, MD.  They have close to
50 PC which are all setup individually.  At this time they are seriously
looking at various types of LANS to connect the existing PC's and to meet
their future needs.

Can anyone out there give me some info on what they are running, have seen,
used etc...  Please reply directly to me by mail....

thanks,

Desi Fuller

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
Expanding to even MORE locations near you:     | Desi S. Fuller
dsf2652@ultb.uucp			       | Rochester Institute of Tech.
dsf2652%ritvax.bitnet@cornellc.ccs.cornell.edu | Rochester, NY

viki@crash.cts.com (Victoria Harkey) (06/23/89)

In article <1167@cs.rit.edu> dsf2652%ucss@cs.rit.edu (Desi S. Fuller) writes:
>Greetings,
>
>Forgive me if this letter is posted where it should not be.  I am currently
>working at a aviation admistration in Baltimore, MD.  They have close to
>50 PC which are all setup individually.  At this time they are seriously
>looking at various types of LANS to connect the existing PC's and to meet
>their future needs.
>
>Can anyone out there give me some info on what they are running, have seen,
>used etc...  Please reply directly to me by mail....
>
>thanks,
>
>Desi Fuller

Novell NetWare is an excellent network operating system to tie together
your 50 standalone PCs.  I am somewhat biased since I am both an
Authorized Novell Reseller and a network administrator for a 350 node
LAN using NetWare, but the market speaks loudly--and Novell has a
large share of the microcomputer network operating system market.

You will also be pleased to know that Novell software runs on
virtually any topology and hardware scheme.  Our LAN is thick-wire
Ethernet, but thin wire, twisted pair, ARCNET and a host of other
ways are possible.

Disclaimer:  Since I am an Authorized Novell Reseller, you have
to take that into account when reading my glowing words for
Novell; however, I am NOT trying to make a sale .... and I DO
strongly believe in the product.

--
Victoria Harkey
Integrated Systems Analysts, Inc.