[comp.sys.ibm.pc] MS Kermit on Simtel20 question

len@netsys.COM (Len Rose) (06/24/89)

Can anyone tell me what msvibm.boo is on simtel20?
I ftp'd the stuff off, it's not a uuencoded file,but
that's about all I know for sure.

Thanks..

--
len@netsys.com
..!netsys!len

schriste@uceng.UC.EDU (steven v christensen) (06/25/89)

In article <13687@netsys.COM>, len@netsys.COM (Len Rose) writes:

> Can anyone tell me what msvibm.boo is on simtel20?
>
> len@netsys.com
> ..!netsys!len

a .BOO file is a bootstrap file which is used to put Kermit on a machine
which has no file transfer system. It's kind of a catch-22 - you need
a file transfer protocol often to upload a file transfer protocol (kermit).
Usually, you type in (or upload) some simple rudimentary program to give
simple file transfer, and use that to upload the main KERMIT program.

Steven

--
Steven V. Christensen
U.C. College of Eng.