[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DESQView+Codeview=internal error 80

rwh@me.utoronto.ca (Russell Herman) (06/18/89)

Trying to use MSC 5.1 Codeview and DESQView 386 (ver. 2.23) produces an
"Internal Error 80" from Codeview.  If there are any patches or workarounds
(besides using TurboC 2.0 which works fine) please let me know.  I'm using
XDV and QEMM.SYS with an exclude region to make a "hole" for an ATI EGA
Wonder800 card.

Perhaps some DESQView expert can enlighten me why my system locks up when
I add the 'ram' parameter to the QEMM.SYS call as well.  The machine is a
noname clone wth 4MB RAM running a Phoenix bios.

Russ Herman, SysMgr
University of Toronto, Dept. of Mech. Eng.
5 Kings College Rd., Rm. MC 229
Toronto, ON Canada M5S 1A4
(416) 978-4987
INTERNET: rwh@me.utoronto.ca UUCP: ..!uunet!utai!me!rwh

foss@iris.ucdavis.edu (Jim Alves-Foss) (06/19/89)

In article <89Jun17.232505edt.18900@me.utoronto.ca> rwh@me.utoronto.ca (Russell Herman) writes:
>Trying to use MSC 5.1 Codeview and DESQView 386 (ver. 2.23) produces an
>"Internal Error 80" from Codeview.  If there are any patches or workarounds
>(besides using TurboC 2.0 which works fine) please let me know.  I'm using
>XDV and QEMM.SYS with an exclude region to make a "hole" for an ATI EGA
>Wonder800 card.
>
>Perhaps some DESQView expert can enlighten me why my system locks up when
>I add the 'ram' parameter to the QEMM.SYS call as well.  The machine is a
           ^^^^^
>noname clone wth 4MB RAM running a Phoenix bios.

I had some problems installing QEMM with 'ram' parameter. They occured because
the onboard BIOS was using 'shadow' ram (mapping the ROM to RAM at the same
location). Perhaps this is what happens to you.

Does the system lock up if you don't make a hole for the EGA card. I have an
Everex EVGA and QEMM detects this fine.

As for Codeview, I haven't noticed any problems (yet) but I don't recall if
I've ever tried to run codeview in a window. Maybe Quarterdeck has a solution,
I hear their technical support tries to be helpful.
-Jim Alves-Foss (foss@iris.ucdavis.edu)

spatel@hpclisp.HP.COM (Shailesh Patel) (06/27/89)

For codeview, I get the same error message
        "Internal debugger error: 80"
when there is not enough memory .

I tried after removing the biggest TSR program (which happened to be SNIPPER)
 and it worked.

So try to use CODEVIEW without any TSR programs loaded in the memory. Good Luck.

Shailesh Patel.