[comp.sys.ibm.pc] need hercules driver for VGA

GMS@PSUVM.BITNET (06/26/89)

Now for something completely different . . .

I've seen many drivers that allow a Hercules display to emulate
CGA  graphics.  Now I have a need for a driver that will allow
Hercules  emulation on a VGA display.  The reason is that I have
some software that only supports Hercules, and I only have VGA
capabilities.  If you know of any such driver please send me email.

gerry santoro, ph.d.                         *** STANDARD DISCLAIMER ***
center for academic computing              This  posting   is  intended  to
penn state university              |       represent  my personal opinions.
gms @ psuvm.psu.edu              -(*)-     It is not representative  of the
gms @ psuvm.bitnet                 |       thoughts or policies  of  anyone
...!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!gms               else here or of the organization.

msschaa@cs.vu.nl (Schaap MS) (06/27/89)

In article <89177.094513GMS@PSUVM> GMS@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>Now for something completely different . . .
>
>I've seen many drivers that allow a Hercules display to emulate
>CGA  graphics.  Now I have a need for a driver that will allow
>Hercules  emulation on a VGA display.  The reason is that I have
>some software that only supports Hercules, and I only have VGA
>capabilities.  If you know of any such driver please send me email.

(I have an MCGA, but a HERC emulator on a VGA should
run on an MCGA---it's monochrome.)

I'm afraid it doesn't exist (Herc=720x350, MCGA/VGA=640x480),
but if it does, I would like to have it.

Thanks in advance,
					Michael