[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Adobe Illustrator/Aldus Freehand Question

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) (06/29/89)

I believe that either one or both of these products are available
for PC compatibles, but correct me if I'm wrong. Which is better?
Do they require a postscript printer or is a LaserJet suitable?
Can they curve text around curves? How would either work for
drawing things like class crests?

--
Peter Steele, Microcomputer Applications Analyst
Acadia University, Wolfville, NS, Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121

jwi@lzfme.att.com (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) (06/30/89)

Peter Steele writes:

> I believe that either one or both of these products are available
> for PC compatibles, but correct me if I'm wrong. Which is better?
> Do they require a postscript printer or is a LaserJet suitable?
> Can they curve text around curves? How would either work for
> drawing things like class crests?

Adobe Illustrator/Windows is apparently a very degraded version of
Illustrator 88 for the Mac. Aldus Freehand is not available on the
PC yet.

Depending on what your requirements are, either Corel Draw or
Micrographix Designer will be your best choice. Micrographix
Designer is probably better at clip art libraries while Corel Draw
is better at typographic playing. If you need to do a lot of text on
curves, get Corel Draw.

Jim Winer ..!lzfme!jwi

Those persons who advocate censorship offend my religion.

Upuaut:	a wolf-headed Egyptian deity | Voodoo: the art of sticking ideas
	assigned as Guidance System  |         into people and watching
	for the Barque of Ra.        |         them bleed.

The opinions expressed here are not necessarily