[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PROCOMM and DOS 4.0??

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (07/04/89)

I just got a copy of PROCOMM V2.4.3 that was working on an XT with DOS 3.3,
but I can't get it working on my 286 with DOS 4.01.  Overlaid on the
startup screen is a message to the effect that a FMALLOC failed and the
Dial directory is not loaded.  Sure enough, I cannot access the dial
directory.

This is a 1 Meg machine with no TSR's, so I'm assuming that this version
just won't work with my setup.  I wonder if anyone can tell me if that's
the latest PROCOMM, and whether my problem is with DOS 4.01 or should I
be looking at the machine itself (286 modular 3.03 Award BIOS).

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (07/05/89)

In article <806@kosman.UUCP> kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) writes:
>I just got a copy of PROCOMM V2.4.3 that was working on an XT with DOS 3.3,
>but I can't get it working on my 286 with DOS 4.01.  Overlaid on the
>startup screen is a message to the effect that a FMALLOC failed and the
>Dial directory is not loaded.  Sure enough, I cannot access the dial
>directory.

I have been running PROCOMM 2.4.2 without problems under DOS 4 on a Dell
310.  The DOS is Dell's own version, and the 310 has a 386 CPU.  The
dial directory works fine.

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division.
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2