[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Tatung VGA cards

keithe@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (07/07/89)

In article <2568@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM> rogerson@PEDEV.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dale Rogerson) writes:
>Here is a summary of the mail I recieved asking for information on the
>Fastwrite VGA cards and the Seiko 1430 Monitor.  Thanks to everyone who
>helped.
>
>I. Fastwrite VGA Card.
>   ..the Tatung card uses the same chip set.

There are two 16-bit VGA cards with the Tatung name on them.  The
FastWrite clone is limited to 256 k RAM and does indeed use the
Video7 chip set.

The other Tatung card uses the Paradise chips, can be expanded to
512k RAM and is an inferior-performing card (in our BIOS-bypassing
tests) to the FastWrite Clone.

We have standardized on the Tatung FastWrite clone for our purchases.
We buy them for $235 from KIS Computer Center, Milpitas CA, (408-942-8088).

kEITHe