[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Video frame grabbing for the pc.

satch@caen.engin.umich.edu (SATYANARAYAN CHADA) (07/04/89)

I am interested in grabbing single frames from
a video camera.  A camera black and white or a
camcorder.  I would like the output to be in
color (256 colors) and at VGA resolutions.

Are there any products available that meet
constraints?

Any information regarding the above would
be appreciated.  Thanks.

                     ---Satch

haeb@ibmpcug.UUCP (Harry Broomhall) (07/06/89)

In article <443499d6.1285f@maize.engin.umich.edu> satch@caen.engin.umich.edu (SATYANARAYAN CHADA) writes:
>I am interested in grabbing single frames from
>a video camera.  A camera black and white or a
>camcorder.  I would like the output to be in
>color (256 colors) and at VGA resolutions.
>
>Are there any products available that meet
>constraints?

There will be a PAL one very soon - and perhaps a NTSC version - watch
this space.

    Harry Broomhall.

These lines are to defeat a local problem on
the postnews/mailer system.  Views expressed may or may
not be the views of IBMPCUG or of my company.

--
Automatic Disclaimer:
The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may not

root@swituc.UUCP (Admin) (07/07/89)

In article <443499d6.1285f@maize.engin.umich.edu>, satch@caen.engin.umich.edu (SATYANARAYAN CHADA) writes:
> I am interested in grabbing single frames from
> a video camera.  A camera black and white or a
> camcorder.  I would like the output to be in
> color (256 colors) and at VGA resolutions.

I have seen a product called ComputerEyes that does an absolutely
superb job at grabbing images off of VCRs, cameras, etc.  Maybe
someone else knows where you may obtain the product.

kji@vpnet.UUCP (Ken Isacson) (07/08/89)

Satch,
    I just read an article in PC MAGAZINE and there is a VGA card
that can do screen captures from an input like that of a VCR or
camcorder (sp).   The only problem is that it is only black and
white with about 64 grey scales.