[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Wanted: BSR X-10 controller board for PC

hgp@lzaz.ATT.COM (H.PAGE) (07/05/89)

Would anyone know of where I could get my hands on one of
these things?

The BSR X-10 system is the one where one can control one's
house lighting and appliances remotely via signals sent over
one's house wiring.  I am looking for a board that would
allow a PC to act as the master controller in place of the
one sold by BSR.  Thanks.

Howard

--

Howard G. Page   AT&T  LZ 1B-115K (201)576-2731 ..!att!lzaz!hgp

hjg@amms4.UUCP (Harry Gross) (07/08/89)

In article <668@lzaz.ATT.COM> hgp@lzaz.ATT.COM (H.PAGE) writes:

>Would anyone know of where I could get my hands on one of
>these things?

I seem to recall that Steve Ciarcia wrote a series of articles in Byte Magazine
a couple of years ago (possibly more than that) in which he presented a PC based
controller for the BSR X-10 system.  You might check their 5-year index
(10-year? was it that long ago? maybe).

--
		Harry Gross				 |  reserved for
							 |  something really
Internet: hjg@amms4.UUCP   (we're working on registering)|  clever - any
UUCP: {jyacc, qtny, rna, bklyncis}!amms4!hjg		 |  suggestions?

kji@vpnet.UUCP (Ken Isacson) (07/08/89)

Howard,
    Egghead software sells the computer controller for the modules.
Heathkit also sells them.  If you a phone number to place an
order let me know.  The unit sells for about $40.00 and comes
with all needed cables to be connected to your COM1 or COM2, and
also includes software.