[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Another fastback question

gcook@cps3xx.UUCP (Greg Cook) (07/08/89)

When I run the finstall for fastback, it looks at the floppy drives.  I have a 1.2M 5.25 " and a 1.44M 3.5" drive.  Fastback finds both drives but says they are both 1.2M.

Will it only back up 1.2M on the 1.44M drive?  (I haven't tried yet)  Is there some way to fix this in finstall?

thanks
Greg Cook
gcook@horus.cem.msu.edu

leonard@bucket.UUCP (Leonard Erickson) (07/11/89)

gcook@cps3xx.UUCP (Greg Cook) writes:
>When I run the finstall for fastback, it looks at the floppy drives.  I have
>a 1.2M 5.25 " and a 1.44M 3.5" drive.  Fastback finds both drives but says
>they are both 1.2M.

>Will it only back up 1.2M on the 1.44M drive?  (I haven't tried yet)  Is
>there some way to fix this in finstall?

You need to upgrade to Fastback Plus. It recognizes 1.44 drives and
also adds a number of nice features (like the disks are DOS formatted
so you can do a DIR and know from the file name that they are backups).
It'll even backup to another HD or to a LAN. I've backed someone up onto
the LAN, swapped the network card into their (new, improved) machine,
and restored their old files to the new machine.

The one feature you lose is that you can no longer feed it a file containing
a list of files to be backed up. It will accept up to 20 include (and
exclude) filespecs of the form:
 directory	filename (wildcards ok)  include/exclude subdirectories
--
Leonard Erickson		...!tektronix!reed!percival!bucket!leonard
CIS: [70465,203]