[comp.sys.ibm.pc] BSR X-10 System Sought

jal@valhalla.ee.rochester.edu (07/12/89)

I've been looking into getting the BSR X-10 system for
my house.  Naturally I want to control things with my
computer.  I've found several sources for the modules
(Radio Shack, DAK, Heath/Zenith) but have found none
which can supply the PC (preferably RS-232, async) interface.
Does anyone know of a source for these interfaces that
can deliver in a reasonable period of time?

I program ... therefore I am.

John Lefor    	University of Rochester		Dept of E. Engineering
716-275-8265	jal@ee.rochester.edu		uunet!ur-valhalla!jal

bolo@cat.CS.WISC.EDU (Joe Burger) (07/12/89)

In article <2306@valhalla.ee.rochester.edu> jal@ee.rochester.edu (John Lefor) writes:
>I've been looking into getting the BSR X-10 system for
>my house.  Naturally I want to control things with my
>computer.  I've found several sources for the modules
>(Radio Shack, DAK, Heath/Zenith) but have found none
>which can supply the PC (preferably RS-232, async) interface.
>Does anyone know of a source for these interfaces that
>can deliver in a reasonable period of time?

Here is the mail address of the X-10 Corporation, which is the current
manufacturer / distributor of the X10 Stuff....

	X-10 (USA) Inc.
	185A LeGrand Ave
	Northvale, NJ  07647

The 2 powerline interfaces I know of from X-10 are:
	PL513	PowerLine  Interface (uni-directional computer -> powerline )
	TW523	Two Way PowerLine Interface  (bi-directional)

Micromint (of Steve Ciarcia fame) had a combination of the PL513 and
	your choice of software (ibm pc, bcc 180, bcc 52) to go with
	it.  I don't know what the part numbers are, or if it is still
	available.  Their phone numbers/address are below:

	Micromint  Inc
	4 Park Street
	Vernon, CT, 06066

	order: 1-800-635-3355
	telco: 203-871-6170

bolo ... aka Joe Burger  University of Wisconsin-Madison   Computer Systems Lab
internet: bolo@cs.wisc.edu	uucp: {backbone}!uwvax!bolo