[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Virus checkers

wew@naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) (07/13/89)

Can anyone suggest a good virus checking program for MS/PC DOS.
Our Macs here were infected by scores and nvira and we want to be
able to check our IBM's.  We would prefer a program that can be
run from floppy to check a hard drive or a floppy disk.  We would
prefer to not have to use a TSR.

--
Bill Wilson                          (Bitnet: ucc2wew@nauvm)
Northern AZ Univ

jwi@lzfme.att.com (Jim Winer @ AT&T, Middletown, NJ) (07/14/89)

> Bill Wilson writes:
>
> Can anyone suggest a good virus checking program for MS/PC DOS.
> Our Macs here were infected by scores and nvira and we want to be
> able to check our IBM's.  We would prefer a program that can be
> run from floppy to check a hard drive or a floppy disk.  We would
> prefer to not have to use a TSR.

Put this on comp.virus -- they have lots of ftp sites and programs
that will do what you want.

Jim Winer ..!lzfme!jwi (Usually unable to reply to email outside AT&T)

Those persons who advocate censorship offend my religion.

Upuaut:	a wolf-headed Egyptian deity | Voodoo: the art of sticking ideas
	assigned as Guidance System  |         into people and watching
	for the Barque of Ra.        |         them bleed.

The opinions expressed here are not necessarily