[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Desktop Publishing Software Question

ajs@eesun1.acc.Virginia.EDU (Andrew J. Schwab) (07/11/89)

I am considering the purchase of NBI Corp's Legend software or
IBM's Interleaf Publisher for desktop publishing on a pc.
Does anyone have any experience with either of these products?
How do they handle equations?

The hardware platform for this software is a 386-20 VGA system.
I know that the first release of Legend had many bugs. Please
e-mail responses directly to me. Thanks in advance.

mitch@arcturus.UUCP (Mitchell S. Gorman) (07/15/89)

ajs@eesun1.acc.Virginia.EDU (Andrew J. Schwab) writes:

>I am considering the purchase of NBI Corp's Legend software or
>IBM's Interleaf Publisher for desktop publishing on a pc.
>Does anyone have any experience with either of these products?
>How do they handle equations?

	I haven't used Interleaf on a PC, but I have used it on a SUN, and
I have spoken with associates who _have_ used it on a PC.  My suggestion
is: go for it.  Everyone who uses both versions says the PC version is very
much akin to the full-blown Sun version, fast, powerful, etc., etc.

	I've been told that you need a minimum of 2 megs of RAM to run
Interleaf on a PC, but if you can cover the ~$800 price tag of the
software, and have the other hardware to run with (VGA, etc.) then adding
memory to make this sucker run is well worth the time, effort, and bucks.

	Mitch @ Rockwell, Anaheim

Disclaimer:	The first piece of software that I reeeelly reeeelly want,
		and the bloody thing's 386-only!!  SHEEESH!