[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Procomm not quite hangingup.

cscc15@uhnix1.uh.edu (Keith A. Crabb) (07/15/89)

I seem to have developed a problem with Procomm.  It will only
hangup after doing a disconnect 2 or more times. While it will
hangup, its very annoying to wait and have to check the phone
to see if there is a dial tone present.  I tried Procomm Plus
but it couldn't seem to find the modem at all.  It would seem
to work (all the right menus would come up including the callin
screen) but the modem would never dial a number though the
program would sit there and say it was waiting for a connect.
Any ideas as to what is causing this.  The address for the modem
was set the same for both Procomm and Procomm Plus.

Keith A. Crabb
internet : cscc15@uhnix1.uh.edu  bitnet: cscc15@uhvax1.uh.edu

werner@aecom.yu.edu (Craig Werner) (07/16/89)

In article <8668@uhnix1.uh.edu>, cscc15@uhnix1.uh.edu (Keith A. Crabb) writes:
> I seem to have developed a problem with Procomm.  It will only
> hangup after doing a disconnect 2 or more times. While it will
> hangup, its very annoying to wait and have to check the phone
> to see if there is a dial tone present.

	I spent about three hours last night trying to debug what might
quite possibly be the same thing. The solution was finally that the factory
settings of the modem didn't agree with other modems I had used, nor did
they agree with Xtalk or ProComm. (They did agree with MicroSoft Works,
although with some weirdness on Parity, but that's besides the point).

	Sending the following to set up the modem firmware

	AT&C1&D2&W

	seemed to make everything work OK. It changes the way the modem
reacts to carrier detect and DTR changes.

--
	        Craig Werner   (future MD/PhD, 4.5 years down, 2.5 to go)
	     werner@aecom.YU.EDU -- Albert Einstein College of Medicine