[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Paradise VGA Plus/16 --> Profession

mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (07/16/89)

I just got a Paradise + 16, and its board does have a place where I believe
the other 256K go. Mind you, no sockets, just a row of IC pads right behind the
256K on board. Now, I am handy with a soldering iron, and I might (on those days
when I am endowed with more than my share of stupidity) try soldering some RAM
chips in. However, there is one more empty pad that is too small for a chip; and
the corresponding pad for the installed 256K seems to have some sort of a
resistor pack on it. Does anyone know for sure?

If someone has access to exactly what chips/components are missing from the
+ 16 compared to the professional, I would really like to know.

Thanks,
Milan
mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

.

conan@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Robert B Carroll) (07/17/89)

In article <111700125@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> mms00786@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I just got a Paradise + 16, and its board does have a place where I believe
>the other 256K go. Mind you, no sockets, just a row of IC pads right behind the
>256K on board. Now, I am handy with a soldering iron, and I might (on those days
>when I am endowed with more than my share of stupidity) try soldering some RAM
>chips in. However, there is one more empty pad that is too small for a chip; and
>the corresponding pad for the installed 256K seems to have some sort of a
>resistor pack on it. Does anyone know for sure?
>.
I haven't seen that particular board, but if it has dip sockets set up in a
scattered fashion, its probably set up to take 2 different kinds of chips.

--
conan@vax1.acs.udel.edu OR conan@192.5.57.1
****I only play DISC GOLF and drink tea****