[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Gateway - let's have some specific information!

goer@sophist.uucp (Richard Goerwitz) (07/17/89)

In article <562@amms4.UUCP> hjg@amms4.UUCP (Harry Gross) writes:

>I had been thinking about buying from them too, until I recently heard of
>someone who bought one, and found out AFTER THE FACT and by Gateway's own
>admission, too, that their 386 machine is INCAPABLE of running Windows/386.

This just isn't specific enough:

  1)  When did they tell you this?
  2)  What machine did they tell you this about?
  3)  What make and what configuration motherboard?

See, what they tell you about the Micronics motherboard may not be
true of the Mylex, etc.  We just don't know.  Please, be more spe-
cific!!!

                                       -Richard L. Goerwitz
                                       goer@sophist.uchicago.edu
                                       rutgers!oddjob!gide!sophist!goer