[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Request

david@occrsh.ATT.COM.UUCP (12/03/87)

From squid!david Wed Dec 02 20:38 CDT 1987 remote from occrsh
Subject: request

This is the only newsgroup I have write-access to, so please don't flame me...
Probably, someone who reads this newsgroup has what I'm looking for.

If anyone out there in netland has: sources (unix multi-player & msdos
single player) to Empire, sources (unix & msdos) and exe for Larn, source
for Festoon, or source/exe for NDMAKE 4.*, or knows someplace I can d/l
them from, please drop a line to the address below.

Thanks much!!!

David Drexler
 uucp:  ihnp4!occrsh!squid!david   fone:  <405> 848-8868
 fido:  SysOp 19/1                 snail: pob 1214, Bethany OK 73008

kenh@pogo.TEK.COM (Ken Hillen) (04/06/88)

A friend of mine (without net access) has question and a request:
Question:
	When a PC is turned on and the diagnostics find a problem, the PC
	will beep a number of times.  Presumably the number of beeps indicate
	what the problem is.  What do the beeps mean?
Request:
	Does anyone have a schematic of the power supply use in the original
	8088 Compaq portable?  Even better for the whole machine?  Would you
	be willing to either sell or photocopy them?  He will pay photocopy
	costs.