[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PC-Tech Journal Subscription

radams@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM (Richard.L.Adams) (06/17/89)

I noticed that my last issue of PC-Tech Journal was April 89
and my subscription expired Nov 89.  I called the number in
the last magazine, only to find it disconnected.  I called
Ziff Davis in New Jersey and was told the magazine was
discontinued.  They gave me a number to call:
    1-800-525-0643
On calling that number, a very polite young lady asked my
last name and zip code, then read my street address to me
and verified my first name.  Then she told me that I have a
REFUND of $8.++ coming on my subscription and should get it
in about 4 weeks.

Ralf.Brown@B.GP.CS.CMU.EDU (06/20/89)

In article <111700106@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>, jsa00564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
}/* Written  3:45 pm  Jun 16, 1989 by radams@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM in uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.ibm.pc */
}On calling that number, a very polite young lady asked my
}last name and zip code, then read my street address to me
}and verified my first name.  Then she told me that I have a
}REFUND of $8.++ coming on my subscription and should get it
}in about 4 weeks.
}/* End of text from uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.ibm.pc */
}
}You should have received a notice about it a month back or so.. ZD gave
}me a letter and the option of moving the unused portion of my subscription
}to either PC Magazine or PC Computing.  Maybe this was because I already
}subscribe to both magazines....

Nope, I got the same notice (I don't get either PCM or PCC), but wrote
"cancel" on it.  I got a card from them stating that my subscription has been
canceled, and I would get a refund of X dollars.

--
UUCP: {ucbvax,harvard}!cs.cmu.edu!ralf -=-=-=- Voice: (412) 268-3053 (school)
ARPA: ralf@cs.cmu.edu  BIT: ralf%cs.cmu.edu@CMUCCVMA  FIDO: Ralf Brown 1:129/46

kinoshir@beasley.CS.ORST.EDU (Richard Kinoshita - UCS) (06/21/89)

In article <111700106@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> jsa00564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>You should have received a notice about it a month back or so.. ZD gave
>me a letter and the option of moving the unused portion of my subscription
>to either PC Magazine or PC Computing.  Maybe this was because I already
>subscribe to both magazines....

Has anyone who chose one of the above magizines starting receiving it yet?
I sent mine in at least two months ago and haven't heard anything back from
them.

>Jeff Autor
>jsa00564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
>At the University of Illinois
>	"Just what is an igNOR gate?"

Richard Kinoshita
Systems Integration Group
University Computing Services
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR  97331
(503) 737-3483

Internet: kinoshir@ccmail.orst.edu
Bitnet  : kinoshir@orstate

gary@dvnspc1.Dev.Unisys.COM (Gary Barrett) (06/22/89)

In article <11309@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, kinoshir@beasley.CS.ORST.EDU (Richard Kinoshita - UCS) writes:
> In article <111700106@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> jsa00564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
> I sent mine in at least two months ago and haven't heard anything back from
> them.

I requested that my current subscription to PC magazine be extended
for the number of months equal to the amount of money owed to me.

I have yet to see my PC subscription expiration date updated - and
that's AFTER I called the subscription department and explained my
problem.    And that's AFTER at least 3 months have passed.

I have a feeling I just got taken for over 30 bucks.  I should have
asked for the money back (which wasn't an option, as I recall).

las) (06/23/89)

In article <11309@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> kinoshir@beasley.UUCP (Richard Kinoshita - UCS) writes:
}In article <111700106@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> jsa00564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
}}You should have received a notice about it a month back or so.. ZD gave
}}me a letter and the option of moving the unused portion of my subscription
}}to either PC Magazine or PC Computing.  Maybe this was because I already
}}subscribe to both magazines....

I got the same offer and I don't subscribe to either one.

}Has anyone who chose one of the above magizines starting receiving it yet?
}I sent mine in at least two months ago and haven't heard anything back from
}them.

I believe that the notice said that the replacement subscriptions will not
commence until August.

regards, Larry
--
Signed: Larry A. Shurr (cbema!las@att.ATT.COM or att!cbema!las)
Clever signature, Wonderful wit, Outdo the others, Be a big hit! - Burma Shave

jsa00564@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (07/22/89)

/* Written  3:45 pm  Jun 16, 1989 by radams@emdeng.Dayton.NCR.COM in uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.ibm.pc */
I noticed that my last issue of PC-Tech Journal was April 89
and my subscription expired Nov 89.  I called the number in
the last magazine, only to find it disconnected.  I called
Ziff Davis in New Jersey and was told the magazine was
discontinued.  They gave me a number to call:
    1-800-525-0643
On calling that number, a very polite young lady asked my
last name and zip code, then read my street address to me
and verified my first name.  Then she told me that I have a
REFUND of $8.++ coming on my subscription and should get it
in about 4 weeks.
/* End of text from uxa.cso.uiuc.edu:comp.sys.ibm.pc */

Yep, PC Tech Journal has bit the dust....