[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Disk Diagnostic software and RLL formatting

yon@apollo.COM (David Yon) (07/24/89)

In article <15617@ut-emx.UUCP>, nghiem@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Alex Nghiem) writes:
>I decided not to go with SCSI because of the lack of diagnostic software
>for SCSI drives on the PC--most everything currently written is for MFM
>ST-506 formats. I think the same deficiency holds true for EDSI and RLL
                                                                     ^^^
>formats. Of course, this lack of diagnostic software probably will change
>in the future.

Incorrect.  Disk Technician+ and Disk Technician Advanced both work with RLL
controllers.  I don't know about ESDI devices.  I also called them to find
out about SCSI, and they said that they didn't even have a SCSI drive in-house.
Pretty sad way to run a software house if you ask me...

David Yon