[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Mouse question

kevino@hpccc.HP.COM (Kevin Owen) (12/08/88)

I too would be interested in the answer to this question.  Could some
knowledgable user please post a response??

 _   ,                   __                 Kevin Owen @ Hewlett-Packard
' ) /                   / ')                Cupertino, California
 /-<   _ , __o  ____   /  / , , , _  ____   Phone :    (408) 447-0218
/   ) </_\/ <__/ / <  (__/ (_(_/_</_/ / <_  UN*X Mail  ...hplabs!hpccc!kevino

kew@uucs1.UUCP (kew) (07/25/89)

	Does anyone out there know of a company who makes a 3 button
bus mouse in an off-white color (like the old Logitech C7)?

	We had been using the Logitech C7 until they discontinued it for
the (IMHO) really grotesque, stark white, uncomfortable to use excuse
for a mouse they are currently selling :-(

	We use the mouse in a line of Tektronix 4107 emulation terminals and
X-Windows terminals that we manufacture, which are based around the AT bus.

	It's really a shame the discontinued the C7, it was a nice product.
We have not been able to locate a replacement for it.  We have found
a few serial mice that would fit the bill, but no bus mice.

Thanks in advance :)
--
Kenneth E. Wharton             |        ** But it's a dry heat! **
UUCS inc.   Phoenix, Az        |

smvorkoetter@watmum.waterloo.edu (Stefan M. Vorkoetter) (07/26/89)

In article <134@uucs1.UUCP> kew@uucs1.UUCP () writes:
>	We had been using the Logitech C7 until they discontinued it for
>the (IMHO) really grotesque, stark white, uncomfortable to use excuse
>for a mouse they are currently selling :-(

I find the new mouse much nicer to use.  The old one required me to bend
my fingers backwards to press the button.  The new one requires just a bit
of pressure near the finger-tip, and no movement at all.  The best mouse I
have ever used was on Prof. Wirth's Ceres and Lilith machines.  This mouse
was a hemisphere, with the three buttons at the base (where the cord comes
out on most mice), and the cord coming out one side.

>	It's really a shame the discontinued the C7, it was a nice product.
>We have not been able to locate a replacement for it.  We have found
>a few serial mice that would fit the bill, but no bus mice.

I think it was about time that they discontinued the C7.  It was a very
un-ergonomic design.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Stefan Vorkoetter