[comp.sys.ibm.pc] FAX Software on CompuServe

sruli@dasys1.UUCP (Andrew L. Shaffren) (08/01/89)

In article <3035@asylum.SF.CA.US> sharon@asylum.UUCP (Sharon Fisher) writes:
>In article <1400001@hp-ptp.HP.COM> johns@hp-ptp.HP.COM (John_Schubert) writes:
>>CompuServe will allow you to send and recieve FAX's through their service for
>>a small fee.
>
>You can send them, but you cannot receive them.

True.  Even though CompuServe bought the Source, which *could* receive in
some kind of bit-mapped format that was downloadable, they haven't implemented
it yet.  I wrote to their staff via their 'Feedback' asking when they would
implement such a feature (now that they had the resources of the Source) and
was politely told that if/when such a feature was implemented, it would be
announced, never fear...

--
Andrew L. Shaffren
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX