[comp.sys.ibm.pc] VT220 emulator for IBM PC

cfchiesa@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Christopher Chiesa) (07/16/89)

Hello all...

   This is a long-delayed reply to an article which appeared in this news-
group back in early May of this year.  The discussion concerned someone who
was looking for "a GOOD dec VT220 (VT200) terminal emulation program for the
IBM-PC (and/or compatibles)."

   Since before the message appeared, I have had in my possession a program
called "SmarTerm 220," by PerSoft.  I was hoping to get to use and evaluate
it before writing about it, but the opportunity has never arisen and hence I
must fall back on simply mentioning that I remember seeing a highly favorable
review of a similar PerSoft product in an issue of COMPUTERWORLD last year.

   I realize that this may or may not help anyone -- and I don't have an ad-
dress for PerSoft -- but it's been sitting here waiting to be said, for a
long time.

   Chris Chiesa
--
UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!cfchiesa
cfchiesa@bsu-cs.UUCP

joe@qnorth.UUCP (Joe Alonso) (07/21/89)

From article <8231@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>, by cfchiesa@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Christopher Chiesa):

>    This is a long-delayed reply to an article which appeared in this news-
> group back in early May of this year.  The discussion concerned someone who
>    Chris Chiesa
> --
> UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!cfchiesa
> cfchiesa@bsu-cs.UUCP

If anyone can help me trak'em down, I'd sure be happy!

I've used an excelent vt220 / tek4010 emulator  put out by a company
called Diversified Computers. I'd like  to  get in touch with them
but no one seems to know who the devil they are!!
As I said, it really is a GREAT emulator I've NEVER seen anything
better, and I've tried a few!!!

todd@stiatl.UUCP (Todd Merriman) (08/02/89)

In article <16@qnorth.UUCP> joe@qnorth.UUCP (Joe Alonso) writes:
>From article <8231@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>, by cfchiesa@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Christopher Chiesa):
>>    This is a long-delayed reply to an article which appeared in this news-
>> group back in early May of this year.  The discussion concerned someone who

ZSTEM-PC provides 100% VT220 functionality.

	KEA Systems Ltd.
	Suite 412
	2150 W. Broadway
	Vanouver, BC V6K 4L9
	CANADA
	604-732-7411

   ...!gatech!stiatl!todd
   Todd Merriman * 404-377-TOFU * Atlanta, GA

rls@texhrc.UUCP (Bob Simmons) (08/03/89)

In article <16@qnorth.UUCP>, joe@qnorth.UUCP (Joe Alonso) writes:

> I've used an excelent vt220 / tek4010 emulator  put out by a company
> called Diversified Computers. I'd like  to  get in touch with them
> but no one seems to know who the devil they are!!
> As I said, it really is a GREAT emulator I've NEVER seen anything
> better, and I've tried a few!!!

Diversified Computer Systems, Inc can be reached at (303) 447-9251. Their
address is:
	3775 Iris Avenue, Suite 1B
	Boulder, CO  80301