[comp.sys.ibm.pc] the guy with the PC laptop for sale

fredex@cg-atla.UUCP (Fred Smith) (08/04/89)

I sure am tired of seeing this ad for a PC laptop for sale!

How 'bout the rest of you?

huilin@hpindda.HP.COM (Hui Lin Lim) (08/08/89)

I agress most whole heartedly - more and more FOR SALE postings
are appearing and I for one would like to see them restricted to
to *.forsale groups.

I would politely request that no more FOR SALE posting be made to
this group.

Hui-Lin Lim
ARPA: huilin%hpinddf@hplabs.hp.com
UUCP: {ucbvax,hplabs}!hpinddf!huilin
Phone:  (408)447-2835

davidsen@sungod.crd.ge.com (ody) (08/09/89)

In article <7492@cg-atla.UUCP> fredex@cg-atla.UUCP (Fred Smith) writes:

| I sure am tired of seeing this ad for a PC laptop for sale!
|
| How 'bout the rest of you?

Why tell us, he already posted a note which say he doesn't care. If
you're really unhappy send a note to postmaster at att.com and
att!ihlpf. AT&T stopped carrying our messages because it was junk mail,
maybe they would be kind enough to ask this guy to become a good
citizen. I hope he waits a long time to sell it.
	bill davidsen		(davidsen@crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen

tim@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Timothy L. Kay) (08/09/89)

In article huilin@hpindda.HP.COM (Hui Lin Lim) writes:
>I agress most whole heartedly - more and more FOR SALE postings
>are appearing and I for one would like to see them restricted to
>to *.forsale groups.

I have both sold and bought things through comp.sys.ibm.pc, and I find
the forum invaluable for that reason (among others).

I'd like to take an informal vote as to whether you think that
*short* for-sale items should continue to appear in comp.sys.ibm.pc.
Please send me mail, and I will summarize.  Also, would people be
interested in comp.sys.ibm.pc.forsale as an alternative?

Tim

tim!cit-vax.uucp
tim@csvax.caltech.edu tim@maggot.cs.caltech.edu tim%maggot@hamlet.caltech.edu

(We are changing from a class C to a class B address, and things are a mess.)