[net.general] Changes to Introduction to posting to net.general

usenet@gatech.CSNET (12/01/85)

6c6
< [Most recent change: 19 February 1985 by spaf]
---
> [Most recent change: 6 November 1985 by spaf]
48c48
<     distribution on net.test , or create a "to" newsgroup for such tests.
---
>     distribution on net.test, or create a "to" newsgroup for such tests.
70c70
<     (rick@seismo.uucp) or Chuq Von Rospach (chuqui@nsc.uucp).  We'll be happy
---
>     (rick@seismo.uucp) or Chuq Von Rospach (chuq@sun.uucp).  We'll be happy

usenet@gatech.CSNET (01/01/86)

6c6
< [Most recent change: 6 November 1985 by spaf]
---
> [Most recent change: 3 December 1985 by spaf]
68,72c68,72
<     You can also ask an "old-timer" for advice or help.  Try sending mail to
<     me (spaf@gatech.uucp), Mark Horton (mark@cbosgd.uucp), Rick Adams
<     (rick@seismo.uucp) or Chuq Von Rospach (chuq@sun.uucp).  We'll be happy
<     to try to answer your questions -- just don't post them to the net
<     first!
---
>     You can also ask an "old-timer" for advice or help.  Try sending
>     mail to me (spaf@gatech.uucp), Mark Horton (mark@cbosgd.uucp), Rick
>     Adams (rick@seismo.css.gov), Frederick Avolio (avolio@decuac.uucp)
>     or Chuq Von Rospach (chuq@sun.uucp).  We'll be happy to try to
>     answer your questions -- just don't post them to the net first!

usenet@gatech.CSNET (07/01/86)

*** old/general.n	Sat May  3 19:47:32 1986
--- src/general.n	Mon Jun 30 11:36:55 1986
***************
*** 1,2
! Newsgroups: net.announce.newusers,net.general
  Expires: 40days

--- 1,2 -----
! Newsgroups: mod.announce.newusers,net.general
  Expires: 40days

usenet@gatech.CSNET (09/01/86)

*** old/general.n	Tue Jul  1 00:16:15 1986
--- src/general.n	Wed Jul  2 08:33:14 1986
***************
*** 5,7
! [Most recent change: 27 April 1986 by spaf]

--- 5,7 -----
! [Most recent change: 2 July 1986 by spaf]

***************
*** 11,14
  Usenet in general may be found in the regular monthly postings in the
! "net.announce.newusers" newsgroup.  If you have not yet read those postings,
! do so, soon!  If your system does not get "net.announce.newusers" then send
  me mail and I will try to obtain copies of those articles for you.

--- 11,14 -----
  Usenet in general may be found in the regular monthly postings in the
! "mod.announce.newusers" newsgroup.  If you have not yet read those postings,
! do so, soon!  If your system does not get "mod.announce.newusers" then send
  me mail and I will try to obtain copies of those articles for you.
***************
*** 29,31
      By convention, anything posted to net.general should *NOT* be posted to
!     any other "net" group, except perhaps "net.announce" (which is a
      moderated group).

--- 29,31 -----
      By convention, anything posted to net.general should *NOT* be posted to
!     any other "net" group, except perhaps "mod.announce" (which is a
      moderated group).
***************
*** 35,37
      feature of "postnews" (see the "man" page for postnews and/or the
!     articles in "net.announce.newusers" for specifics on how to do this).

--- 35,37 -----
      feature of "postnews" (see the "man" page for postnews and/or the
!     articles in "mod.announce.newusers" for specifics on how to do this).

***************
*** 57,59
      in net.general.  If it doesn't seem to fit in any newsgroup as described
!     in the list of active groups posted to net.announce.newusers, you should
      post it to the "net.misc" group -- or not post it at all.

--- 57,59 -----
      in net.general.  If it doesn't seem to fit in any newsgroup as described
!     in the list of active groups posted to mod.announce.newusers, you should
      post it to the "net.misc" group -- or not post it at all.
*** 61,63
  Where do I go to get more information about newsgroups and posting?
!     See the articles in "net.announce.newusers".  I post a number of articles
      there every month which list all active newsgroups and their purposes.  I

  Where do I go to get more information about newsgroups and posting?
!     See the articles in "mod.announce.newusers".  I post a number of articles
      there every month which list all active newsgroups and their purposes.  I