[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for ray tracing software??

chris@sdacs.ucsd.EDU (Chris Frymann) (08/12/89)

A faculty member here at UCSD is interested in software for tracing rays
through multiple spherical lenses.  He would like to use such software
for undergraduate instructional purposes.  Thanks in advance for any
clues or suggestions which might help me locate such software for him.

                        Thanks,
                          Chris Frymann

link@stew.ssl.berkeley.edu (Richard Link) (08/12/89)

In article <116@sdacs.ucsd.EDU> chris@sdacs.ucsd.EDU (Chris Frymann) writes:
>A faculty member here at UCSD is interested in software for tracing rays
>through multiple spherical lenses.  He would like to use such software
>for undergraduate instructional purposes.  Thanks in advance for any
>clues or suggestions which might help me locate such software for him.

Yes. Stellar Software here in Berkeley sells BEAM-2 which is
extensively used for such purposes. See any Computers in Physics
issue for the ad, or contact me and I'll get the info.

Dr. R. Link
Space Sciences Laboratory
UC Berkeley